Functions such as Purchasing, Human Resources, and IT are moving towards an integrated internal service provider approach within the company. This new approach known as the internal “Business Partner” role, requires a new skillset when compared to the traditional way of “doing business” internally.
This "Internal Business Partner" workshop is delivered in a positive, enthusiastic, energetic and stimulating manner using a mixture of tutor led input, and based on a series of role plays, where participants get the possibility to apply their skills and receive intensive feedback. The role-play situations progressively become more complex and difficult throughout day.
Objectives of the Internal Business Partner Training
After this training participants will be able to:
• Understand the role and mindset of a Business Partner compared to the traditional internal service approach
• Understand their own communication styles in order to better develop a Business Partner role
• Develop the selling and consultative skills required to:
> - Build rapport with the internal partner
- Understand partners and their current and future needs
- Get buy-in and influence across the organization
- Identify and propose projects and solutions which provides real value
• Identify further skills development opportunities to succeed as an Internal Business Partner
Program of the Internal Business Partner Workshop
• The Professional Business Partner (PBP) Approach
• Understanding Stakeholders’ needs and drivers
• The Professional Business Partner Cycle: Prepare, Connect, Collect, Propose, Implement, Measure and Build
• The Professional Business Partner Skills Set:
- Building Rapport
- Consultative Skills, Active Listening, Probing to uncover and analyze needs and drivers
- Influencing Skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
• Case Study Part 1
• Stakeholder Analysis
• Proposing a ‘Customer Focused’ solution
• Managing challenges
• Case Study Part 2
• Measuring & Building
• PAP – Personal Action Planning
Assessment and Measurement
After each practice session we take extensive time for individual and group feedback, which each participant should incorporate into their action plan and use during the remaining of the workshop as well as afterwards once they are back in their business. Participants will apply their learning’s to their own real cases, which they should come prepared with. These actions will then be put into practice once the training is over and will help the individual to practice and apply what was learnt during the training.
At the end of each workshop, evaluations will be collated and can be reviewed for performance management purposes. The program starts with a 2 day training workshop. In order to reinforce the learning VIRAK strongly recommends to include a one-to-one follow-up coaching session where progress on action plans will be ascertained and future development supported.