In today's work environment, packed with media and online interactions, an organisation depends more than ever on its reputation for its survival or its success. Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing media and external communications and is often a required skills for any manager in contact with such audiences.
Our 2-day workshop with extensive use of case studies and role plays is aimed at managers and employees who might be exposed to, or be called upon to communicate with external audiences, including journalists.
This course helps participants understand the potential external audiences, prepare clear consistent messaging and deliver a professional response in a press interview situation. We use little theory and lots of practice, with active feedback, discussion and exercises.
Benefits of our PR Media management course
- Understand the importance of planning - even for the unknown
- Reacting correctly to a specific situation and journalist
- Defend the reputation of the organisation
- Set up a best-in-class response team for crisis situations
- Being prepared to handle media
- Understanding the importance of the Internet in communicating with stakeholders
- Learning from past experience and mistakes
Outline of our PR Media management course
- External audiences of the organisation
- Understand the media landscape
- Your communications objectives
- What are the journalist's objectives?
- Handling issues
- Gaining intelligence from media coverage